Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bee vs. Boy

Yesterday afternoon's knitting (me) and sawing (Roni) was disrupted when ear splitting screams erupted from the deck. I look out and see J jumping up and down, shrieking. Turns out that wasps built a nest in his little plastic workman's table and when he reached for the drawer one of them stung him on his thumb. I was actually relieved as I thought he'd disemboweled himself with a plastic hammer or something.

So Roni spent dusk spraying wasp nests. The tool table wasn't the only one - they've also built nests in three of the dormer eaves. We spread death in all directions, making J very, very happy.
Here he is doing his impression of a dead wasp. He's also fascinated that the bugs sting with their bottoms - didn't get that on camera but be assured that he is acting it out alot.
And here, fully recovered, working on his tow truck skills. His goal is to grow up to be a tow truck. Not the driver, mind you, he wants to be the truck.

Also making him very happy is his new air conditioner, installed yesterday. His room is on the sunniest part of the house and does get the warmest of all the rooms. He is also not at a stage to understand that it will cool off soon after the sun goes down. Doesn't help that he goes to bed before the sun goes down, of course.

Roni loves it too. Caught him studying accounting in there in the afternoon.

Adding a just occurred conversation:
J, coming from his Mighty Machines show in the office: I spilled Papa's drink, I need a towel.
Johnna: There is one on the chair in the kitchen.
Roni: What do you mean, you spilled my drink. How did you get my drink?
J: I just had it.
Roni: How did you "had" it?
J: I just did.
Roni: You took my drink?
J: I just wanted it.
Roni: You can't take my drink!
J: I just did.

Is this our future?

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Just had to say 2 things:
    1. Yes, this is in your future, you are in the Weissman family, this will probably happen, and ALOT.

    2. "Sunny side... warmest room", Kind of funny hearing it from you when we here in "cool"
    Israel July are just "freezing" :)

    P.S Mom says the pics are great and Joey's a born actor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Pnina's "Yes, this is your future." I have to say it is great being on the auntie side of these stories as compared to the mommy side. :-)

    ReplyDelete