Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spinning my wheels

I've been working off and on to spin enough wool for a sweater - time to break out of hat sized amounts of yarn! I was very happy with some goldish yarn that I'd made, so I tried to dye a big batch of Finn wool the same colors, but ended up with more and darker brown patches than I meant to have.

I've spun and spun and spun over the last few months, if we take that to mean every once in a while I got a chance to spin a little while J. was otherwise occupied. So the time span was long, but the spinning time was sparse! But now I have plied seven skeins of what seems to be sport weight wool.

And I don't like it.

I had almost convinced myself that I liked it and then a knitting friend visited and commented that it looked like 70s appliance colors. Harvest gold, wasn't it?

And now I know I don't like it.

Luckily, there is more brown dye in the world, and it will be going back into the pot. A more solid color will open up options for patterns anyway as I won't have to worry about the effects of variegated on the pattern.

But it seems like a lot of work to have done to make sort of ugly yarn!

These are the singles - I like them much better than the plied yarn. The gold stands out more than the brown in the singles. I still need to take a picture of the plied yarn.

1 comment:

  1. I found the right game for you. The link is: http://bublilnegedshifra.com/ and when it comes I know it is in hebrew just click the white link and it will start the game. I belive you can understand what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete